78 800 OM314 -> OM364?

I forgot to write that we had to use bolts from the OM 314 engine to use on the clutch-housing and the oil pan. The oil pan of the OM 314 engine is made of a lot thicker metal than the one on the OM 364A engine.

New video posted on youtube. Shows the teamwork between our tractors. The trac is of course doing the most work Cool
It became a bit too dark, so the video has some bad quality...
Teamwork in the night

We got out about 120m3 of "gülle"(?) in about one and a half hour.

Last year we used the MB trac 1000@95hp for the same job, and then we had to take pauses because of high engine temp. The OM 364A never passed 90 degrees Cool

And hopefully there will be pictures here in a short while. I am sending some of them to "greil" but they seem to be a bit large for his mailbox... So I have also uploaded them here:
MB trac 800 pictures

If there are questions, I will be happy to answer, as always.
But because of my poor germanSad, I can not help "boerner"... Hope someone else can!

Hello Ole,

sorry for the disfunction of my e-mail account. I don't know why it were not able to send your pictures to me :confused:

On the video on youtube you can really hear the power of the new engine Big Grin

Where do you get the exhaust part on the cabine (schalldämpfer, auspufftopf)?

The OM 314 has a "gußeisen" oilpan, the newer one and of course the OM 364 has a alu-frame oilpan. And this oilpan is much less thick then the old.

Thanks for the pictures Ole, very interesting und nice.

Should i put them into our Forum, what do you mean?

Greets Michl

Mb trac - was besseres gibts nicht

If you would like to put them on the forum, that would be great, but I guess if someone is interested, it is also possible to visit the link. I got a message when trying to send pictures that your account size was too small for the pictures.

You mean the 314 has a cast-iron oilpan? Anyway, it fits...

The exhaust is made from a bend from the 711D exhaust on the engine, a flex connection likethis. And a normal, flexible exhaust pipe.
The muffler is from ray.se and is called SLIM (under 2 1/2").It is 125mm wide, and has 63mm connections in both ends.
The exhaust tip is made from the same flex-pipe as below the muffler, and is bent and cut at an angle so water won't get in the exhaust.

In the video, as I am passing the trac, the whistle of the turbo is quite easy to hear. The muffler is a performance exhaust part, and it cost about 650NOK, or just over €80.

I will try to post a list of parts used from each engine and vehicle today, and if anyone would translate it into german I guess that would be a great help for "boerner" and maybe others reading this thread.
This is a list of the parts used during the engine swap from OM 314 to the more powerful OM 364A in the 1978 MB Trac 800:

From the old, OM 314 engine:
- Flywheel
- Clutch
- Clutch housing with bolts
- Oil pan with bolts
- Oilpump (to get rpm gauge)(we forgot this Sad)
- Oilfilter with bracket and oil pressure giver(?)
- Fan with beltwheel for waterpump
- Beltwheel at crank with bolt
- Belts for fan, alternator, servo and hydraulics
- Alternator
- Starter
- Thermostat + temp giver (the 364 thermostat was busted, and the 364 giver had a different resistance than the tracs)

Parts kept on the OM 364A engine:
- Water pump
- Fuel pump
- Air compressor (this was connected as a vacuum pump, but we made a intake from the pipe from the top of the engine to the air intake pipe to the turbo (inserted a T-piece).
- Exhaust manifoild with turbo
- Intake manifoild
- Bracket for fuel filter
- Fuel filter, handpump and "test glass(?)" (a very tight fit at the connection of the brake pipe to the brake cylinder)
- Bolts for the starter (because of broken and missing bolts on the 314)

Parts we had to "make":
- Exhaust (see previous post)
- Air compressor intake
- Hoses to oil cooler (cooler not purchased yet...)
- Throttle pedal linkage (we bent the old one to make the right length)

This is all I can remember at the moment, will get back to it if I discover something more!

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema / Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste