MBtrac 800 Gearbox issue
xtrac16 

MBtrac 800 Gearbox issue,

Sorry you all, my German is really bad. I have to use English..

I have recently bought an old 800 with s/n: 44016300010025. I have always loved the Mbtrac, I couldn’t refuse not to buy it.
Since i live far up i the north of Sweden i hope it will give me a hand with the snow during the winter as well.

But I do have a problem with the gearbox, under load it jumps off reverse. Runs great in Forward with no noise.
I have bought some manuals and according to the parts manual i think i have the 719.911 gearbox?
I have talked to at least 10 companies in Sweden more or less not interested in helping me.
I need some help to maybe get an replacement gearbox or have it repaired myself. Since i have no previous experience from mbtrac i need some advice.
Best regards
Mattias Vikström
Sweden

Hi Mattias,

are You able to work at a gearbox?
The repair manual can be ordered here (available in english language).
After dismounting, a technician will be able to see, what to be done.

If not, ask any UNIMOG dealer for help! Tell him, the gearbox of Your MBtrac is nearly the same as of a UNIMOG U900 (406) or U1100 (416).

The parts, You will need in most cases are 406 compatible parts.

Most complications come up when adjusting the switch plate. Therefore the workshop-manual is essential!

Maybe You will find an older technician (maybe almost retired) with experiance at these Unimogs mentioned above to get the needed help!

regards
Holger

406.120 '72, 440.161 '75, 440.167 '83

Die 3 MBtrac-Grundsätze:
1.) Ein MBtrac ist zwar nicht alles, aber ohne MBtrac ist alles nichts!
woraus folgt:
2.) Ein Leben ohne MBtrac ist möglich - aber sinnlos...
doch zum Glück für die vielen Nicht MBtrac Besitzer:
3.) Nur wer einen MBtrac besitzt, weiß, was allen anderen fehlt...

Thanks for all the info Holger, I have now managed to find at supplier for the necessary spare parts.
I do have an old friend, even retired and really good to know when it comes to gearboxes. He has no previous experience from MBtrack or unimog but with help of the shop manual, spare parts and a lot of beer I think he will solve my issue.

Thanks again Holger
Regards
Mattias Vikström

(21.10.2011, 19:21)Mattias schrieb:  but with help of the shop manual, spare parts and a lot of beer I think he will solve my issue.

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Grüße aus Norwegen,
Haavard.

Mercedes-Benz, The Star...

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema / Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
Letzter Beitrag von one of a kind
14.10.2015, 11:53
Letzter Beitrag von MB-trac-AMG
22.12.2013, 20:52

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste