MB Trac Range Years

Entschuldigung

sorry

sorry Big Grin

Erstmal auf Deutsch:
Peter hat erzählt das er ein 800 ohne Motor gekauft hat. Danach war ein Anzeige von ein 2. 800, aber mit Getriebeproblem (Der Übersetzung vom Getriebe zauberte aber ein grinsen auf mein Gesicht: Zahnradhäuschen.... Big Grin ) Peter hat dieser 800 ungesehen gekauft. Als der abgeliefert würde, war es ein 1000'er Trac....

Ersatzteile sind in Afrika ziemlich schwierig zu finden...

Mein erste Eingebung: vom Getriebe her sind der 800 und 1000 nicht gleich oder? Da bin ich kurz überfragt. Sonst wäre der Möglichkeit da um, wie vorgesehen, aus 2 Trecker einer zu bauen, auch weil Afrikanische Nachbau/Lizensteile vom OM352 und 366 nicht schwer zu bekommen sind.

Nächste Möglichkeit wäre ein OM314 zu exportieren.... Die gibt es hier ja wie Sand am Meer....

@ Peter,

1. Foto's toevoegen kan onder elke reactie bij "Neuer Dateianhang" (max 150Kb) Bladeren om het bestand te zoeken, "Dateianhang hinzufügen" om de foto in te voegen.

2. Ik heb gevraagd of de versnellingsbak van de 800 en de 1000 gelijk zijn, zo dat je de versnellingsbak van de 800 in de 1000 kunt bouwen.

3. Ook is het mogelijk om een OM314 vanuit Duitsland naar Afrika te exporteren. Hiervan zijn er nog velen.

So, jetzt das gleiche noch mal auf Deutsch:

1. Kurzanleitung zum Bilder hochladen

2. Beschreibung von Getriebewechsel zwischen 800 und 1000-er Trac

3. Einfliegen von OM314 wäre auch ein Möglichkeit.

Grüsse/greetings/groeten,

Benno

Ein fleissige Bauer ist edler als ein fauler Edelmann...

Hi Guys

As requested by Benno, this is the strange green that most of the bigger MB Tracs in SA were painted. My question about age is based on the nose of this type of tractor. My question is that is this an older model series? This is from a sale advert I found dating back to March this year.

Franz, this is the "MB Trac 800" advertised in the Agri Sales. You can see the fourth vent on the bonnet side - clearly not an 800. I did not know the difference until it arrived. Clearly a 1000 on inspection of the motor and other details etc.

Wolfgang, above is my MB Trac 1000 and below is the MB Trac 800 without a motor, as described.
.pdf Doc1.pdf Größe: 92,13 KB  Downloads: 28

Regards,
Peter

Hello Peter,

first of all, I think it is best to continue in english. This is the best understandable for the most of us. If there are any questions or difficulties about language, I am happy to translate.
Thanks for the pictures! Those Tracs are looking pretty good. In a glance you could see that the 1000 isn't a 800, just by looking at the length of the bonnet.... Wink
Is there a turbocharger added? while there has been somebody who did change the exhaustsystem. Normally the muffler is under the bonnet.
Second thing I spotted was the enine-oil filter. It is placed very wide outside the bonnet. Maybe you could take some pictures with the bonnet opened? Would be very helpfull, especially while your Tracs have been exported without engine or wheels.

The 1500 has been build from '82 (if I'm correct, could be '81) (Edit: production started in '80!) until '87. With a slight change of interior in '84. So for a precise year you need the chassisnumber or a pic from the interior. (in '84 also the colourscheme changed, doesn't count for this one though! Tongue )

Hope there is somebody who could help with the technical info. Mathias Thesen is the gearbox-expert in this forum, and with his service-van he repairs gearboxes, even in the field. You could ask him to come over? Cool I'm offering myself for the job of translator.... Wink

Groeten,

Benno

(24.12.2010, 00:48)Mercedes-Benno schrieb:  You could ask him to come over? Cool I'm offering myself for the job of translator.... Wink

Und ich fahr den Wagen Wink

Benno, Ja Getriebe sind untereinander kompatibel...
Er kann also aus 2 einen machen.

Gruss Hartmut admin

MBtrac, alles andere ist Behelf!

Hi Benno / Hartmut

Sounds like quite a trip you are planning for Mathias. You could call it a "Tracspedition" (expedition). I think something like that could be quite fun if one had alot of time.

Benno, below are some pictures of the motor on the 1000. I am not sure if it is the original one but it is a normally aspirated 352.

It actaully looks like it could be off a truck because if you look closely to the exhaust manifold flange, it appears that there is provision on the mahifold for a butterfly (exhaust brake), that has been welded closed and modified to suit the bend. It could also be where the original silencer attached but it looks like the latter to me.

Regards,
Peter

Hello Peter,

You could be right, about the truck engine. I don't know for sure, but there will be an expert over here who confirms your thougt.
It will also explain why the oilfilter is standing wider, because a truck injectionpump has a bigger housing at the end, so there wasn't any room left for the oilfilter.

Hartmut confirms that the gearbox of the 1000 and 800 are the same. The cheapest and quickest thing to do is to build in the 800 gearbox in the 1000 Trac, and start enjoying your live as a "Tracfahrer"! Big Grin

Groeten,

Benno

Hi,

Benno: remember that this MB 1000 is equipped with a ADE 352 motor and not with a Mercedes OM 352.
The exhaust mainfold looks original if you take into account that the cooling water expension tank is mounted in front of the radiator next to the air filter. It is near the muffler normally.

Regards
Wolfgang

Hi Benno

I must say that the news on the gearbox similarities is great and really will make the initial cost of having one complete tractor alot lower. That will then give me alot of time to sort out the engine and repair the other gearbox for the 800 and deal with those costs over a longer period.

I am going to sign off now until after Christmass or else I will be getting into trouble with the family - I don't want them to turn against my Tracs Big Grin

Anyway, I wish a happy and joyous festive season to all the readers on this thread and thank you all once again for all the interest, assistance and support regarding my Tracs.

Chat again after Christmass

Best regards,
Peter

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste