Link Arms won't go down

Hi
Sorry I can not speak German.
I have a MB Trac 800 and I can not get the rear link arms to go down even when I have disconnected the hydraulic pipes off the lifting hydraulic rams. They lift up but will not descend. The valve on the control block is open also.

Can any body help? I will translate any answers.

Vielen Dank

Ben

Hello Ben,

check the bolts for rust and if they are moveable. I think I remember a similar case here.

Grüße
DaPo (Daniel)

Hi Ben,

I think we need some more detailed information from you.

How did the failure arise?
Did it happen suddenly or did the 3-point-linkage become more and more stiff from lift to lift?
You write that the rams don't lower even with the hydraulic pipes/hoses disconnected. So it must be a mechanical problem. Either one or more shaft(s) seized as Daniel said (then it is a problem that must have started some time ago by corrosion) or a part of the linkage or cylinder broke and blocks the cinematics.
Disconnect one shaft of the linkage after the other including the cylinders and you will see where the failure is located.

Good luck
Ulli

Alle sagten: "Das geht nicht!"
Dann kam einer, der das nicht wußte ... und hat's gemacht!
Rolleyes

Hello Ulli,

Many thanks for your reply. I think you could be right. The tractor has been outside for 3 years or more while I have been slowly restoring it!

The arms went down when I first had it, but have been stood still for a long time, so corrosion may be the problem.

Would pushing them down gently with another tractor cause damage?

Will dismantle them and find exact problem

Thank you

Regards

Ben

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema / Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste